Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wild Turkeys of West Eugene

One of the things I like about Eugene is the random things I see there.  On March 18, I was load my stuff in my car at a friend's house for a St. Patrick's Day sleepover when I heard something coming from the woods: turkeys.  They weren't just any turkeys.  They were wild.  There were about five of them in a group, and they looked intimidating.  I just had to snap a picture of them. 

I know around here we get raccoons, squirrels and nutrea, which you don't go near, but what about turkeys?  Do they have rabbies, or are they just territorial?  So I kept my distance as they gobbled loudly at me, took the picture with my phone and ran back inside the house to tell my friends about my encounter.  If you see the West Eugene Wild Turkeys, take a picture and send it to me, and I will post it on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment