Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer Reading: Producer--Lessons Shared from 30 Years in Television

My latest summer reading pick.

I really enjoyed reading the book Producer: Lessons Shared from 30 Years in Television because I work behind the scenes in the television industry and I identified with some of the same experiences the author, Wendy Walker went through.

In this book, Walker names the chapters after lessons she's learned. These include lessons like "freaking out is not an option" and "everything happens for a reason."

As the senior executive producer of Larry King Live, Walker illustrates these lessons with anecdotes about the famous people she's met and worked with and the challenges she's faced at her fast-paced job.

I also liked reading about her career path from college, to working at a clothing store, to working for the Kennedy family, and beyond.

I recommend this book for anyone who likes to read about interesting people and places and wants to learn lessons in the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment