Monday, March 26, 2012

Chocolate Owls (and other baby shower cuteness)

I've never thought of owls to be a theme of a baby shower, but aparently it can turn out to be really cute. I attended a baby yesterday for one of my co-workers and from the food to decorations to games, it was about the details.

The food: the desserts have to be the cutest things I've seen in a long time. My favorites were the owl cake balls. The chocolate cake was the moistest cake I ever. Anothe co-worker of mine said that it may have been made by first make the cake, crumbling it up, mixing it with frosting, working it into balls and then freezing it. After that you dip it in melted chocolate and set it to harden. However it's made, it sure is some of the best cake I've ever had.

One of my favorite decorations was the photo display that had wires with clips hanging down like a tree. In addition to photos, it had pastel baby washcloths wrapped around white tissue paper and wrapped in clear celofane like a giant salt water taffy. It was very creative and looked easy to make.

The craftiness came full circle with the game that could be called "The Closepin Game." Every guest is given a tiny closepin. If one guest catches another guest saying a certain word, the can keep that person's pin. Our words were "baby" and "peanut", the baby's nickname. Our pins followed the them by having paper owls on them. Too cute!

All in all, the event was not only a treat to see such creativity, but a great time to celebrate and catch up with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment