Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Books: The Jungle Book

One of my goals, or resolutions, for the new year is to read the books that I own but haven't read yet.

Today, I finished a book I started last year--The Jungle Book. This was written by Rudyard Kipling in 1894. It was a good book, but far from what thought it would be. It was more than what Disney's movie version was. The book was made up of short stories, followed by a song or poem related to the previous short story. Some stories were about Mowgli, but many were about different animals and people living in India or other similar parts of the world.

I recommend this book because it is a different style of writing than what we are used to nowadays. It's also a classic. I think it's good to know what the original book contains so that we understand any other interpretations and movies people make based on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment