Friday, November 12, 2010

Baking Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I bake chocolate chip cookies, I usually follow the classic Nestle Toll House recipe found on the side of the chocolate chip bag. I never tried to think outside the package until a co-worker of mine brought in freshly baked pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Genius! I knew then that I would bake those for the monthly baking contest at a local culinary store.

The next step was to find a recipe. The one I used comes from allrecipes.com. I baked a test round last week before I submitted the official batch.

Instead of baking them for 10 min. like the recipe called for, I baked them for nine minutes and had them cool for two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.

What I like about these cookies is that they're so moist. This is due to the canned pumpkin. Unlike most cookies I bake, which dry out over a few days, these cookies were still soft and yummy days after I baked them. I highly recommend them for the Thanksgiving holiday, especially for those who do not like pumpkin pie. It's a great alternative.

Photo courtesy of Allrecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment